1. It’s a great new challenge Looking for a way to stretch yourself? Blogging fits the bill perfectly. It’s easy to create a blog, but the challenge lies in keeping it going beyond that momentous first post. It takes planning and dedication to post regularly and build a successful blog, you’ll grow as a writer (or in whatever medium you use), and you’ll develop your web skills in the process.
2. Showcase your creative skills The beauty of blogging is its limitless opportunities for creativity. You can be who you want to be, write about anything you like, and publish a post whenever the inspiration strikes. And blogs don’t just have to mean writing! Use yours to share your creativity no matter what form it takes — artwork, photography, video, music clips. The only limit is you.
3. Make new friends Blogging might seem like a solitary pursuit, one person behind a computer. But no matter what you blog about, there’s a community of bloggers out there, and you’ll soon be in touch with like-minded people who share your interests (and there are lots of opportunities for making new friends in-real-life at blogger meet-ups and brand events). You might also choose to interview people on your blog, which gives you another way of making connections via your new hobby.
4. Boost your career prospects Blogging about your chosen career can be an effective way to improve your job prospects, helping you stand out from the crowd by showing potential employers that you’re passionate about what you do. Even if you choose to blog about something that isn’t career-related, the fact that you dedicate the time and energy to a blog shows off how motivated and proactive you are.
Not only that, but the skills you will pick up as you write and promote blog posts will broaden your opportunities. — a quick look through any job search site reveals how many employers are looking for people who understand things like search engine optimization or social media marketing.
5. Tell your own story Many people blog to tell the world about their story — their experiences, their journeys, their lives. There are therapeutic benefits to this, particularly for those who write about things like illness or adversity. If you write this kind of blog, you might also find satisfaction in inspiring others, or by using their blog to help raise money for relevant causes.
6. Make money Did you know that you can make money from blogging? Whether it is through banner advertising, affiliate links, or sponsored posts, blogging can provide pocket money. For a lucky few, blogging even has the potential to provide a full-time income. Even better, with plenty of free blogging platforms like WordPress, Tumblr, or Medium, your only costs are buying a unique domain name.<
7. Raise your profile You never know what kind of opportunities will come your way once you get your name known! Look at people like Perez Hilton or Ree Drummond — better known as the Pioneer Woman –, who have made names for themselves through blogging and translated that into television shows and book deals. Raising your profile also exposes you to brands who might want you to review their products, employers looking for their next hire, or even a publisher who sees potential in you.
8. Position yourself as an expert Blogging is also a great way of demonstrating your expertise in a particular subject. Your posts can be as long as you like, so unlike on Facebook or Twitter, you have plenty of room to express yourself. By blogging regularly on a subject you are passionate about — baking, sports, climate change, whatever! – you can become a go-to expert on your field, helping further your personal and professional goals.
9. Learn new skills There’s no doubt about it: blogging regularly, for an audience, will teach you new skills. You might improve your writing, explore photography for the first time, learn some basic coding, or finally understand how to use Twitter.
10. It’s easier than you think to get started Setting up a blog is easier than you might think: you could be up and running within minutes doing nothing more complicated than clicking a few buttons. Blogging platforms that exist let you choose from thousands of layouts and design, and make writing posts and uploading photos quick and easy.
Just remember to secure your own unique .blog domain, so you can really own your online presence and make a great first impression!
Blogging is a rewarding hobby that can bring many opportunities — if you’re dedicated enough to keep publishing. You might be surprised at the unexpected benefits it brings you. So what are you waiting for?
If you have been through the journey of whether to start the blogging journey and you have succeeded, share with us on your experience in the comment below.
SOURCE: Qixtech Blog
Join Our News Letter Today and Get Notified about Latest News.
Subscribe to get notified of our latest resources, news, gigs and tips to handle your IT gadgets without issues. Learn How To It.